Dental cleanings and exams are key to maintaining a healthy mouth and smile. Our dentist and team offer these preventive services to monitor your oral health and ensure you are receiving all the care you need. Call Boones Ferry Dental at 503-699-6699 to make your appointment with Dr. Patrick Morrissey and learn more about dental cleanings and exams in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
What Are Dental Cleanings & Exams?
Dental cleanings and exams are routine and necessary preventive procedures. You will receive a dental cleaning and exam at each checkup, during which we will do the following:
- Remove plaque or tartar (dental calculus) from your teeth to clean them and help prevent tooth decay and gum (or periodontal) disease
- Polish and floss your teeth to help your smile shine
- Check your smile and mouth for any signs of dental or oral health issues
How Often Do You Need Cleanings & Exams?
We encourage you to come in every six months to receive your dental cleaning and exam. If needed, our dentist may ask you to come in for additional cleanings. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, such as an injury, tooth damage or pain, contact us.
Why Is Routine Preventive Care Important?
Preventive care is perhaps the most important type of treatment offered by our dentist and team. Preventive care plays a vital role in helping you maintain a healthy mouth and smile, making it incredibly important that you make and keep all your regular appointments for dental cleanings and exams.
Benefits of preventive care include:
- Allowing our dentist and team to monitor your oral health, including the condition of your teeth and gums
- Allowing our dentist and team to offer recommendations on the best oral hygiene practices, as well as which oral hygiene aids and products may be most effective for you
- Maintaining good oral health and avoiding problems like tooth decay and gum disease
- Improving your oral and overall health, and in some cases helping identify life-threatening problems such as oral cancer before they can become serious
- Saving you time and money by preventing the need for additional treatments
Schedule An Appointment
To learn more and schedule an appointment with us, call us today. We look forward to seeing you and your smile!