Intraoral cameras help our dentist examine all areas of your teeth and mouth. Using this camera, Dr. Patrick Morrissey can ensure that you receive accurate diagnoses and treatment that meets your unique needs. Contact Boones Ferry Dental today at 503-699-6699 to schedule a consultation and learn more about intraoral cameras in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
What Are Intraoral Cameras?
Intraoral cameras are an imaging device used to capture and view pictures of your teeth and mouth. The camera is a small, pen-shaped device that is easily maneuverable, allowing our dentist to reach all areas of your mouth with ease, including those areas that could not otherwise be viewed. The camera takes high-quality color photos of your mouth so that our dentist and team can understand your oral health needs, make diagnoses and provide your treatments.
When Are Intraoral Cameras Used?
Intraoral cameras are typically used to evaluate your oral health and diagnose problems such as tooth decay, periodontal disease and tooth damage. The camera is also useful in following-up on previously provided treatments. Additionally, intraoral cameras are an excellent educational tool, as they allow you to see what our dentist and team see in real time so that you can understand what is happening in your mouth and make informed decisions about your care.
Intraoral cameras also facilitate easier treatment planning and communication, as the photos can be sent to other dentists and to specialists, as well as to insurance companies as needed.
Benefits of Intraoral Cameras
Intraoral cameras are a highly useful technology and offer a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Facilitating early detection of developing dental issues
- Aiding in emergency dental treatments
- Helping our dentist track the progress of, or follow-up on treatments
- Providing high-quality images of the entire mouth
- Increasing the accuracy and the quality of the final results of your treatments
- Enhanced patient understanding and educating
- Allows for thorough documentation of your case, and can result in an easier insurance claim process
Make An Appointment
To learn more about intraoral cameras and make your appointment with Dr. Morrissey, give us a call today!